Monday, September 19, 2005

Well what can we say about this weekend!! The return of the Jeckall & Hyde Panther’s. Well Saturday started bad enough when I was woken by a phone call from our captain who needed a hand moving house! I never knew there was 2 8.30’s on a Saturday. Anyway after waking up very slowing I dragged my ass into town to meet Warren & Lou Lou in star bucks. A triple shout cappuccino was needed but after getting it wrong and making a latté the first time. The numb nut’s behind the counter then proceeded do me another 3 shot latte!!! Not a good start to the day!!

Anyway after drinking our coffees we left star bucks and headed for the car and drove back our captains pad. Now we were supposed to originally be able to get into the new house at 8.00am, it was then put back the 10.00am and as we sat there about to start moving. Andy received a txt from his land lord saying it was now going to be 11 o’clock!! (Oh the fun and games of moving house!!) So then we only had one choice. Unpack the play station and play bommerman!(Very unsuccessfully, even if I do say myself!)

So after being battered by the computer we then play bommerman baseball!! Andy jumped straight in a lead in the game but then thanks mostly to Lou Lou covering our captains eyes I was able to get back and take the lead. But in the end we decided it would be much more fun to play bommerman tennis instead!! What a wise move that was to prove to be!! After starting badly and being 5-0 down in the 1 set mate!! We finally got our act together in what proved to be an epic. With my character appearing to be around 30 stone and not able to move around the court we somehow managed to fight back to lead 6-5 before our streak came to an end and the computer pulled level at 6 all!! Time to roll the sleeves up and we sure did by taking the tie break 7-2. What a victory! What a performance! What a team!

So by the time we’d finished our epic of a game the landlord had finally arrived at the new house!! Andy popped over to have a word. 5 minutes later Lou got a phone call from Andy requesting my services in the new house. So I ventured over! We then moved on to build up a wardrobe and the new bed. Then finally it was time to start moving all Andy’s gear by 3 o’clock we had finally finished. Just left us enough time for me to batter and on Rugby on the PS2 as Italy game Ireland a rugby lesson.

By 4.30 I was home and tucking in to my lovely roast chicken dinner! Building myself up to what I hoped would be a great game. Neil arrived at my house, closely followed by Andy & Lou arriving in the car!! We piled in and arrived at the arena 10min later. I had arranged for Andy to have his photo taken to Clarkey before the game for his birthday. So we went down to the players bench. And then back to the seats to watch warm up.

So to the game and I have to say I was very impressed with what I saw on Saturday. We looked excellent and I think it was probably the best black and gold performance for a couple of years. Although Cardiff we’re just like London were last year. They were just a bunch of Miserable and Childish brats! Still we won and looked good!! That’s all that matters!! Although I do have 1 complaint and that is that the bloody Ice Blast machine broke!! I couldn’t get my sugar rush!! Oh the Stress!!!

After the game we gathered round our usual table in the T&D bar for a few drinks! Only Danny, Curtis and Matt came up but still it wasn’t long before we left and retired for the night!

No comments: