Thursday, September 15, 2005

I know it’s taken a few day to get my thoughts posted but I’ve been rather busy and all! Surviving a brewery trip on Monday, 32 screaming cubs on Tuesday and I’ve just got back from losing my 10pin League Match 3-1 in the final frame.

Anyway enough of the rubbish! Now where shall I start! First a great 3-2 win for Boston on Saturday put me in a really good mood for the first panthers home game of the season. I couldn’t wait to get to the arena. I arrived at the arena for about 6.00 and spent the first 15min stood outside the seated area waiting for the faming blue jackets to let us in! Finally we get in and the usual faces from last season are there.

I made my way over to Block 16 to watch the boy’s warm up, accompanied by my Kate-Luul and Sophie and I have to say in warm up they looked pretty good. I was good to get back with the rest of the Bamboo army and the other, Warren, Lou Lou, Emma & Rachel. At the end of warm up as loser boy came off the ice he passed my two little girls a puck each and that put a really good smile on their faces. Then it was back over to my seat to watch us take on the scum!

Then with the usual music being played too loud the lads took the ice. For the first time in the national anthem I was blinded by the light from the top of Patterson’s head! First period was pretty even if I’m honest, no PIMs and no goals says it all really. The JODY chants had stared though. All in all pretty happy with the first. Along came the period break and it was time for me and Panda #17 to stock up on Tango Ice Blast’s! (Mmmmm Sugar Good!!!!!!)

On to the second period!! Panther’s at their best 3 goals and a 5min Power Play as well. The top like of Clarke, Dan and Dan is looking really good and long may that continue. Have to say Dan T’s goal was quite special as was Clarkey’s. OK they were both on the PP but man did they take them well. And then to top it off Brad “Bald as a Coot” Patterson scores for me the goal that sealed the squealers fate. So then Period 2 break and more tango Ice Blast (By now the rush was good!!) Although I felt sorry the poor lad who didn’t get served until panda 17 told the stupid women behind the counter too. Fair play the staff on the Ice Blast machine as we got blast the more than filled the containers.

Period 3 and it was probably Squealers period overall although they never looked like scoring more than 1 goal!! And as Andy pointed out how nice it would be if the goal read Peron, Ceman, Sample. A joke that carried over to the game in Scum land the following day!! (Hopefully our captain will do the report for that game!!!) So finally the buzzer went and what a way to start the season. A successful 3-1 victory over the enemy!! Nice Start lads keep it up!!
Then it was on to the T&D bar for a few celebratory beverages!! Then Loser boy came up nursing his lip (Is it cus he is black style!) Then it was time to go home, tuck myself in and prepare for Sunday up the M1.

Anyway I’ve rambled on enough so I’ll leave it there! I’ll post my thought on the coming weekend tomorrow night!!

Cheers for now!!

Sammo #86 (A)

No comments: